Housing Advice

The council must help if you’re legally homeless or threatened with homelessness.

You are ‘threatened with homelessness’ if you’re likely to be homeless within the next 8 weeks or you’ve received a section 21 notice from your landlord.

How much help you get depends on your circumstances – you may get housing or personal advice to help you find or keep your home.

If you don’t meet immigration and residence conditions, the council only has to give general advice and information.

For more information, please visit the Shelter website.

Useful Links

Housing advice from Shelter

Council help if you’re homeless

Get on the housing register

Housing Advice June 6, 2018


More news

Supported by:

Youth Homeless North East is made possible by the generous support of



Contact Us:

Youth Homeless North East
MEA House
Ellison Place
Newcastle upon Tyne

Tel: 0191 255 1911


Make a donation using Virgin Money Giving